Boy! i was really tired yesterday. Could hardly read a bed time story for my youngest daughter as i was very very sleepy. Slept early last night. My back and my knees were aching. And today i had a cramp while i was teaching in my afternoon class.

Are those signs of stress? I guess so. With so date lines coming and the final exams are just around the corner.....wow.....i can hardly find time to eat. Skipped lunch today but i ate some keropok later.

Sometimes i think i am working harder than my students. Sometimes i do feel tired in dealing with all sorts of students problems......absenteeism, attitudes, and other problems relating to them. But at the end of the day, when i see them scoring or at least pass the exams, i felt much better. I felt even much better / satisfied when my students graduated and get good jobs.

Teaching is not about wanting students to only score for the exams but also to develop their characters and attitudes, so that they can survive in the future. Yes, i blabbered a lot (reduced that this semester), some times ignored certain students in a class (but get back to them later).....my intention was not to discourage them but to give them some picture of what's going to happen in the future. That what teachers do and students will have to realise that teachers are there only to guide them and its them who should decide their future.

I love this job. To me, its not just a job but a responsibility to "bangsa dan agama". I believe that as long as i am sincere in doing my job, and i'm doing it because of Allah, He will assist me along the way, InsyaAllah. So that's why i became a lecturer and still am a lecturer until now.

1 Comment:

  1. drNO said...
    nicely put.
    great reason. hopefully all lecturers n teachers have that in mind.

Post a Comment